When your child needs surgery, you can trust UMass Memorial Children's Medical Center for the safest and most effective care. From consultation, inpatient or outpatient surgery, to recovery and follow up, we're here for you and your child.
Pediatric Surgical Services in Central Massachusetts
Our specially trained staff provides compassionate care for our youngest patients. We provide outpatient surgical procedures for children ages 2 to 15. Our services include:
- Neonatal surgery for congenital anomalies
- Hernia repair
- Repair of chest wall deformities
- Care for gastrointestinal issues with feeding
- Care for constipation
- Complete trauma evaluations
- Excisions of skin lesions
Children are busy being children, so we do all we can to get them right back to play, school, sports and other activities. Whenever we can, we use minimally invasive surgery for your child's procedure, which often means less pain and a faster recovery.
We have a full team of pediatric specialists to manage your child's surgery:
- Pediatric anesthesiologists
- Pediatric orthopedic surgeons
- Ear, nose and throat specialists
- Pediatric gastroenterologists
- Plastic and reconstructive surgeons
And because the hospital can be an unfamiliar and scary place for kids (and their parents), our outstanding child life specialists are on hand to help kids and parents alike understand all procedures -- what will happen, when and why. Our gentle and caring child life specialists help take the stress out of your child's surgical procedure and hospital stay.